Monday, March 16, 2009

Good 'ol Sleep

At the moment Jim is sawing some major logs. So, i decided to combat boredom and update my blog.

Jim has switched to his night shift now. Today is the second day, and he seems to be weathering well. He told me that nights are quiet and boring, which is quite the contrast from the shift he was working before. I was informed numerous times that the post he was working on day shifts was anything but quiet, and usually very hectic.

The days leading up to his first night shift were fun (voice dripping with sarcasm). He had four days to get ready for it. And every night he had to stay up as late as he could, and I had to stay up with him to make sure he didn't fall asleep... We were both kinda snappy and grouchy. :)

Needless to say, I'm not going to keep the same hours as Jim...I don't like staying up past 2:00am and I positively despise sleeping in too late. No matter how late I stay up the night before I will make myself get out of bed, whether I'm rested or not, by 9:00am. I'm not the kind of person who sleeps in at all. Jim is totally my opposite, however. He doesn't like staying up super late. I think in a perfect world (Jim's perfect world, that is), people wouldn't go to bed any later than 10:00pm and no one in their right mind would get out of bed until at least 10:00am.

4 comments:

Karen Decker said...

I could NEVER do his shift. Andi and I nearly stayed up all night the night before we went to Denver with the guard. That was four days ago and I still feel wasted.
Good luck on the change in sleeping, Jim!

-Special Mothertivity- said...

Yeah, staying up the whole night would kill me. I hope you get back on your shift- and that you and Jim still get some good married time together. It was great to read the update. :)

Karen Decker said...

So you two don't update your blogs often- but I love to click in to read the cheeky quotes- always good for a laugh. Love you!

Karen Decker said...

Wake up already and POST ANOTHER BLOG! :)