He's a pretty interesting little fellow, too. Gone are the days of sitting there watching and waiting for Johnathon to do something fun or cute. It happens all the time now, and if you blink you'll most definitely miss something! I wish that my eyes could record video or take pictures so that I don't miss a thing!
Johnathon is almost 6 months old!!! Wow! I can't believe it! I (nearly) have a 6 month old! He's really into grabbing stuff. He's especially into grabbing hair (bonus points if it makes mommy or daddy screech in pain); my glasses (I have to wipe them off/pick them up off the floor at least 20 or so times a day); daddy's nose, lips and neck meat (again bonus points if it makes daddy contort into strange and funny positions, I have video proof too!!); and lastly any part of the cat that happens to stray to close. He just about picked the cat up off the floor by an ear the other day...I was scared the cat was going to eat Johnathon for breakfast because of it, but she just sauntered away, like nothing happened. Phew...
He also can drag himself around by his elbows. I guessing this is the precursor to crawling? Yipe! I'm kinda nervous about the whole idea of crawling...
He can also sit up for awhile without falling over and when he does fall over he thinks it's big fun! He'll giggle and everything. One day he just started sitting up. I had him in his bouncer and I went downstairs to grab something and when I came up the stairs he was doing this:
The bouncer sits the occupant back into a semi-inclined position. He managed to pull himself up and was having a stare-down with the cat. I told Jim that we were going to have to make sure that he always had the harness on from here on out.
So, several days later, I put him in his bouncer, so I could heat up his meal. I didn't buckle the harness, thinking that it would only be a second. The cat whizzed by and caught Johnathon's attention. He sat forward. At this point, I forgot that I had him in there unbuckled and I was stirring his food watching him. He leaned forward even further to grab the kitty's tail and blamo he fell on the floor. I felt so bad.
For Christmas he got a bunch of toys that are for when he gets a tad older. He really wants to play with them now! He gets super mad and frustrated when he tries to play with them and then realizes that they don't go in his mouth or work they way he thinks they should. One of the toys that he got was a Jumperoo. Which just happens to be something he can play in now. And man-o-man does he love it! He gets to expend some of that excess energy he has trying to launch himself to outer space. It's a hoot to watch him! I have a video of him jumping, I just need to figure out how to flip it so you don't have to crane your neck to watch it. But I do have the next best thing! I present to you, Johnathon's Nerdy Laugh:
3 comments:
K- I must see the video of Johnathon in the bouncer-roo . . . even if I do have to crane my neck and view it sideways. Looking at him and hearing your fun stories and cat capers makes my day!
SO CUTE! I can't believe how BIG he is already! I love love love the giggles!
Wow! He is getting big! Great job on the blog . Johnathon is going to love reading through it when he gets older. It's funny at this stage where they are starting to crawl and you want them to soo bad, just wait until they are mobile, you are going to wish you could just go back to the days of just sitting in a bouncer. Oh how I wish my boys would just sit still...
Post a Comment