Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Lesson In Patience

I realized I haven't posted in a while and that my blog is still decked out in winter decor, however, I have a good excuse.

First, for those of you that haven't heard, we finally bought and moved into our house. Yay! It took forever and I wasn't even sure that we would find a suitable place to live that was in our price range. I saw many houses and most of them were cheap and in a creepy neighborhood or in a nice area and at the top of our budget. And by top of the budget, I mean busting the seams of it. However, I prayed so fiercely we would find something in our budget that we both just loved that I knew if I remained patient something would come up. It took five months but the pay off was so worth it.

Here is Jim pointing to our new address.

This house would have normally be way out of our price range, however it was a foreclosure so we saved around $50,000 dollars by putting in a jaw-droppingly low offer. When I told our realtor how much I wanted to offer she just sat there for a sec and blinked at me. It was comical. :D

Fireplace in the family room. Very lodge-y feeling. Every one that has seen in has said that they could see their hunting trophies on the walls. Ew. I like it just the way it is without all the gross animal heads on the wall.

The kitchen. It's a bit outdated but I think that some paint and new countertops will go a long way. Oh yeah, and a new dishwasher. I think it must be original to the house, lol.

No one in the office thought that they would take our offer. And when she called me up the next day she said that they took our offer I couldn't believe my ears! To all those who want to buy a house and think that they won't take your offer, you can always raise your offer up but you can't lower it once you've started. Oh yeah, and patience does pay off.



This is my rocking walk-in closet. Plenty of room for all of my stuff, don't know about Jim though. Even room for some of my shoes! Yay!

The awesome bathroom which has the littlest toilet I've ever seen. It has a jetted tub but the jets don't work. :(

This is the prettiest door I've ever had on any house I've ever lived in. Jim mentioned replacing it and I nearly had a stroke.

Here is our living room. It's just about the same size as the one in our last house. Right now it is full of boxes. I can't wait to spread my furniture out and get to decorating!!! Woo! :D

This is the future home of all things crafty and fun! Right now it's a total dump with yucky paneling and terrible fluorescent lighting. However I'm imagining some really bright colors and lots of fun accents. Jim cringed when I showed him my color choices. I think he would prefer something a little more subdued on the walls. Ha!

This is our patio. This is what made both Jim and I really want this house. It's very peaceful and serene. And it's backed up against a lama field! The matchstick blinds are beat up but we like them so much that we are going to buy replacements. It just wouldn't be the same patio without them. 

Our neighbors are really nice and we even have another Jim and Becky living right across the street from us! It was a small twilight zone moment when we all introduced ourselves! :D

Jim is really looking forward to the possibility that he might be able to be promoted to sergeant out at work. However, it would mean being on night shifts again for who knows how long. I don't know how excited I am about that. I kinda like things just the way they are.

I'm working out at the local greenhouse here, however because it's only a temporary job I'm on the hunt for another part time job. I haven't had any luck though. It's really slim pickings out here. I'm probably going to have to settle for a full time job. I'm not excited about that. If I'm at work all the time nothing will ever get done at the house. Jim doesn't work well by himself, he needs constant supervision when working or he'll be off farting around all day. He has a problem with staying on task. D'oh!

Anyway, that's all for now. It'll probably be another forever or so before you get to read any more blogs from me. Right now, I'm over at my mom's house leeching the internet off of her and I'm not getting internet at the house till everything is in place (that way maybe I'll be able to keep Jim on task a little better if there isn't a computer sitting there calling his name all day). :D

2 comments:

Karen Decker said...

Love it!!! Love the pics, love the commentary! Love the house! Sooooooo excited for you. Can't wait till I get to visit. :)

The Double A Battery said...

I loved the house! I'm a complete nut about houses, if people let me I would be walking around knocking on doors and asking to see the interior of everyone's house. I find all the variety facinating.

I loved the red on the outside of your house if that wouldn't of sold me of how cool a house it was, the fireplace would have! Funny enough I don't imagine anmimal heads when I see that room I see a family reading storys, or camping, or a variety of stories where people stop at inns in an older world.

I thought it was really smart of you guys to hold out for so long and to offer low! I took a class on how to buy houses because I've never done such a thing before and seeing your success makes me think I can possibly succeed as well as you!

Oh, and I love your front door as well don't let Jim change it he'd be crazy to do so! Basically I love everything about your house! Keep posting!
~Ambar