Tuesday, May 8, 2012

7 Months of Hell


Lots of things have happened since my last post! First, we FINALLY have internet. WOO! I was pretty sure that I wasn't ever going to get to play on the internet again. In fact, I was pretty sure that we were going to go broke. At almost the same time we bought our new house everything skyrocketed in price, by about two or three times it's original price. It was very touch and go there for a while.

Jim tried several times to get the sergeant position where he works. But each time he tried, something happened.  There is two parts to getting the job. First, he has to take a test where he looks at a picture and there is a caption about what is happening and then he's supposed to interpret it from a managerial point of view. The second part is the actual interview. If you don't pass the the first part then they don't even consider you for the interview.

Well, the first time he went up for the position he was over 30 minutes late. He blames it on the fact that he had his days mixed up. Amazingly enough, even though he missed nearly all of the test part he still managed to pass it, and with flying colors, so he went on to interview. I'm pretty sure that he missed out on getting the job that particular time because of being late.

The second time he tried to get it, he passed the test with flying colors, again (Jim is disgustingly good at tests, I believe he had the highest score). But he flubbed up the interview by being way too nervous, and if you don't know Jim he has a tendency to stutter and sound incoherent when he's nervous. I probably didn't help his poor nerves much cause I was on his case about getting the job, and I can be very intimidating when it pleases me. Poor guy. :(

By the second time he tried out for the job, I knew we were having a hard time financially. When he didn't get the job I was pretty upset, and I'm sure Jim was too. Both of us had become accustomed to a certain level of living pre-move and when I had to tighten up the budget it made both of us unhappy. What's really funny though, is that when I start laying the smack down on the budget, that is when Jim starts inventing all these ways that we can spend our money. It was VERY, VERY hard to keep him in line and very comedic to listen to Jim's incessant list of wants and schemes. :D

Soon, after he was denied the job a second time I found out I was pregnant. Imagine my shock!! I was pretty sure I wasn't ever going to be a mom and I was really comfortable with that. I have really had to come to terms with the fact that I'm going to be a mom, whether I want to or not. There have been many mornings/days/nights spent crying, contemplating, being angry at my situation and feeling isolated. It hasn't been easy but I think I'll live. :) God almost always seems to know what He is doing and I just need to have some faith and remember that He promises to never give me more than I can handle (although, I sometimes wonder about that).

This pic oddly looks like a pumpkin I carved for Halloween one year. The nurse assured me that my baby wouldn't look like this but I have to admit it's got me nervous... :D



Almost since the beginning of my pregnancy I have been wickedly ill. There are whole days/weeks/months that I really don't remember much of other than laying on the couch clutching my puke-bucket for dear life. I lost a lot of weight during that time, nothing I ate or drank stayed down, so, was put on anti-nausea drugs which helped some. I was an invalid and I vow never to take Jim for granted again. He was the one who made sure that I ate and drank, even if only to throw it back up. He also took care of the house and the bills and everything else that I would normally take care of. When I was feeling whiny, grouchy and unloved, he was there cheering me on. I slowly started to feel more and more human each week that passed thanks to the anti-nausea drug until I was able to take care of myself and do a bit around the house.

One of the strangest moments (so far) in my pregnancy was the first ultrasound where the baby actually looked kinda like a baby and not some deformed meatball. It was moving around, kicking and sucking it's fingers and it was really surreal. It was almost like I was watching some movie or T.V. show about some other couple. I was in total denial about the life that was inside of me and I remember that that was the day that I really started to understand that it wasn't some dream/nightmare and that I wasn't going to wake up soon.

Now I can actually feel it kick, headbutt, punch and move around and I don't need some gadget to tell me so. In fact, I can see it if I look closely. Sometimes, when I'm sitting at the computer I can see my shirt jump around as if I had a muscle twitch or something. When I'm reading a book my arm drapes across my belly and if I get kicked my book jumps all over the place. It's kinda funny. However, I'm starting to get a wicked sore spot from all those "cute" little kicks.

I've also gotten past the fat stage and I look (from what every tactless person who has opened their big fat mouth has said) like I'm expecting twins. Ha. Ha.

Ok, new subject before I get angry again. Back to Jim and his quest to get the sergeant job. So, as you read previously, unless you are a skimmer cause you think I'm going on and on ;P, Jim was trying to get the job so that we would be able to afford a child and a house and whatever else we wanted. He tried out for it a third time. This time I just looked him in the eye and told him that he knew he could do it, I knew he could do it and so did those people that would be interviewing him. I told him to take a few deep breaths if he felt himself getting nervous and to talk slowly and if he needed a minute to formulate his answer to ask for it, not just to babble on and on.



Here's the money shot for those of you who wanna know if it's a boy or a girl. ;)

I don't know if it was my pep talk that helped him or just that fact that the third time's the charm but he said that he didn't feel nervous at all and that he didn't stutter or anything. And if you haven't heard the news he is now a sergeant!! Woo! Go Jim!! /Cheer :D

Anyway, that's how it's possible that you are reading this very wordy blog post. I hope you enjoyed your mini-novel. I'll be doing autographs for the next few hours. ;) J/K

2 comments:

Karen Decker said...

I was beginning to think that you were trying to make this blog an annual kind of thing. Good to see you back. Hope chapter two of your novel appears soon. I'm anxious to read more!!!! Love you- from your biggest fan :)

Jim and Becky said...

Lol. You're probably my only fan! I don't think anyone even reads this blog anymore. :D