Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hubs - The World's Biggest Baby

Today when Jim woke up he seemed okay. Then about 30 minutes later he became violently ill. So, I have been babying my sick little hubs all day. Poor guy.

I've been stuffing him full of crackers and forcing him to drink 7-up and Gatorade around the clock. I don't think he minds the attention at all, though, even if he is sick. In fact, sometimes I think that when he's not feeling good and I give him any amount of attention, he really starts to ham it up. He starts talking in a whiney voice and then begins acting extremely pathetic (complete with big watery eyes and a pouty lip). So, I'm wondering, is this normal man behavior or does everyone act like that when they are running a fever?

7 comments:

JMadd said...

OK, so Robert has never been sick since I've known him, so I don't know what he would do. But, I dated this one guy who whenever he got sick would act like the biggest cry baby evah! I'm surprised he could get his clothes on and go to the bathroom without my help because he seemed to need it with everything else. I think men do like to ham it up when they don't feel good because they know that we, as women, have that whole nurturing thing going on and we just eat up all of the ham they're serving.

Karen Decker said...

It's Jim. I can picture his puppy eyes now. I am laughing so hard I can hardly type. MOM

Jim and Becky said...

LOL! I'm glad I made someone's day Karen. And Jen, I think you're right, and I do just eat it right up too. :)

-Special Mothertivity- said...

Tim never complains unless he is near death. I know its really bad when he asks for medicine. You are such a good wife to take care of him so lovingly. :)

Huntsmans said...

Katy sure does love ham! :)

Jim and Becky said...

LOL!!! I love ham too. ;)

Liz Huntsman said...

I thought it ran in the family ... but I guess it's a world-wide thing! LOL!