Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oh, Christmas Tree!

I finally put our Christmas tree up! I normally put it up around the beginning of Dec. but for some reason I didn't really want to mess with it this year. I've been a bit of a Grinch, I guess. Maybe it was subconscious. Maybe it was because Taffy annihilated our tree last year and deep down I didn't want to have to deal with her swinging from the garland this year like Tarzan. She did everything but knock it down last year, including waking us up in the middle of the night with her yowling in pain because she managed to chomp down on one of the lights and and broke a tooth in the process. *Sigh* I don't understand her, she chews on things much like a dog does... In fact, the bows on the presents are a mangled mess because of her need to chew on them. (see evidence photo on right)

I also want to thank Karen for the cute Christmas upgrade for my build-a-bear. It's a bit hard to see my bear cause he's sitting on the couch and he kinda blends in a bit. He's just too cute now and I think I need to get him a little Santa shirt and Santa pants to complete the look. Then maybe I can retire my 1950's vintage Santa that has seen better days. His head is getting a bit wobbly and his beard is rather sparse. Poor 1950's vintage Santa.

4 comments:

-Special Mothertivity- said...

hehe I love Christmas! I'm glad you put up your tree. Hopefully Taffy will mind her manners. Though his beard may be sparce, he is a cute vintage Santa!

Karen Decker said...

lol I love that the picture of the bow eaten by Taffy is entitled 'dumb cat' =)
made my day =)

Karen Decker said...

Your tree is beautiful! I'm glad you overcame the Grinch in yourself and put it up. Build a snowman for us and blog it. I miss you! MOM
P.S. Thanks for putting the quote thing back up. :)

Jim and Becky said...

Your welcome, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person who finds it worth a laugh or two.