Wednesday, February 4, 2009

25 Random Things About Jim

Okay, getting Jim to do his version of 25 random things wasn't as hard as I originally thought. All I had to do was promise to do the typing, and I typed every word he said. So, here you are. :D


1. When I was a little kid, my diaper was a perfectly acceptable pocket.

2. During junior high and high school I was a definite band geek.

3. My taste in music has changed drastically in the last 5 years, and I can thank my wife for that.

4. I like to read fantasy books.

5. I'm not a morning person even though my work day starts at 4:15 am, if you call a day started by standing in the shower, staring at a shampoo bottle for 5 minutes, wondering if you've used it or not, and then finding out your hair is still dry.

6. I consider myself to be clever, sneaky, witty and humorous.

7. I think my wife considers me to be silly, comical and a big dork.

8. I'm a computer nerd and enjoy playing computer games with my wife and family.

9. People I grew up around regularly comment that they don't see me as a truck person. But, after driving one around, I find it hard to drive anything but my truck. In fact, I have been trying to persuade my wife to let us take the truck on our vacation.

10. I wouldn't have imagined while growing up that I would enjoy the line of work that I am currently in.

11. I, too, think that 25 is a BIG number.

12. Growing up, I would not have expected to be where I am today, but after having been here I wouldn't have it any other way.

13. As a child, I rarely spent time indoors. As an adult, there are times I forget what the sun looks like, even though there is favorable weather outside.

14. I'm not very good at setting goals.

15. I consider where we live to be a geographical oddity, it's 2 hours from anything (bonus points to those who can name what movie that comes from).

16. I find it hard to stand up straight when there isn't a hurricane force wind keeping me upright.

17. I've almost forgotten what snow looks like falling down vertically, rather than horizontally.

18. I now consider a Wal-mart a luxury.

19. I recently had surgery on my elbow.

20. Forest green is my favorite color.

21. My new favorite food is my wife's pork chops.

22. I would probably be wearing dentures by now, if not for my wife, reminding me when I forget to brush my teeth in the morning. Just more proof that I am NOT a morning person.

23. I'm currently reading 5 different books and can't settle on finishing any of them.

24. I'm currently in the middle of about 2 dozen different video games and can't bring myself to finish a single one.

25. I am looking forward to this summer when I can take our new tent and truck up in the mountains and go camping.

2 comments:

Karen Decker said...

You are so random! Love it all. I started reading saying, 'yup, yup.' By #5 I was hysterically falling off my chair. In your next life you should be a stand up comedian. You could begin now by practicing on the residents at your work. BTW SNEAKY is an accurate description of you.

Huntsmans said...

I would have to say that I agree with a lot of them. I'm surprised that you are planning on going camping.. that's news to me. And curious about what 25 video games you can't finish??