Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Things Back To Normal

Well, after a week and a half of non-stop traveling, visiting, walking, sightseeing, shopping, and bickering, Jim and I are finally home! WOO HOO! Don't get me wrong, I love to go places, but I'm kinda glad we are home and that things are back to normal. I'm glad to see Taffy, who I worried about the entire trip. I think it's pretty dang evident that she's glad to see us, because she really hasn't ever stopped purring yet since we walked through the door. In fact, I almost believe that leaving her alone for that long has scarred her little personality for life...She has taken to meowing incessantly and if you leave her in a room all alone she starts crying like she's lost and can't find you. It's really pathetic sounding.

It was good seeing everyone in Utah as we blazed through, and for those of you that we just got to see for a brief second or not at all, we are sorry. Hopefully, we will be able to come down to visit again soon.

I enjoyed seeing my parents (not 100% sure if Jim enjoyed it as much as me, though, lol). I can add Yuma, AZ as one of the places I am deathly allergic too. *sigh* Even Jim is feeling stuffy and coughy. I'm beginning to think that I will never get to live outside of WY. *double sigh* However, allergy issues aside, we shopped in Mexico. I found this fabulous table cloth there! The downside is that we had to wait in line for over 2 hours to get to customs so that we could cross back over into the US.

We also went to San Diego Zoo. Jim and I went there once during our honeymoon and so it was fun going back.

At the entrance.

This kooky little monkey wouldn't stop licking the glass.

I had to pay good money just to get this shot!


While we were in San Diego we checked out the harbor. They had some really cool piratey looking ships there. (I think Jim was in pirate heaven, whether he admits it or not. I'm convinced he fantasizes about being one.)

A blue tongue!

"ARRRGH, me mateys!"

That's our trip in a nutshell.

4 comments:

Karen Decker said...

Loved the visit! Can't wait till the next one. Is the butterfly pic taken next to your garage? I recognize the flower.

Huntsmans said...

Sounds like you guys had SO much fun. I think the picture on the animal is fitting, it reminds me of his big WOW mount! ;)

Jim and Becky said...

Lol! Yes, now that you said it, there is a striking resembalance to his WoW mount. :D And on the butterfly pic, I took that on our patio, just before I planted them. :)

Grandpa Ben said...

Yes it was very nice to have you both down to visit. Hope we can do it again.... Loved having you there!!