For what has seemed like forever (1 1/2 weeks), Jim has been sick. First, he had a nasty case of the flu with a very high temp. I was really worried about the poor guy. Then, just as it seemed that he was getting better, he came down with bronchitis. Poor Jim.
Meanwhile, while I was having to take care of him (I don't think he was able to take care of himself, that's how sick he was) I started feeling ill. I managed to make some home-made chicken noodle soup and I was soooo tired and icky feeling by the time that I got to making the noodles I almost couldn't roll them out. It frustrated me so much that I almost started crying. :(
You'll be happy to hear though, that we are both feeling much better! Yay! Must have been all that yummy chicken noodle soup. :D
I also think that we might wake up with some snow soon, maybe tomorrow even. It has rained off and on all day today and it's around 30 or 40 degrees. I'm hoping that it doesn't snow because if it does we might have a repeat of a few winters back...
Jim was away on hospital duty for work and I was all alone. I was sleeping soundly when all of a sudden I awoke to this really loud crashing sound. I thought someone had broke in to our house. I was so terrified, I called my mom (it was around 3 or 4 in the morning) and I whispered that I thought someone had broke in. I told mom to stay on the phone with me while I checked the house. I grabbed one of Jim samurai swords and stalked through the house as quietly as I could with the sword raised up like a baseball bat. I searched every window and door in my house till could I find no evidence of a break in. It was dark out so I couldn't see outside. What had happened? Did someone drunk drive into the side of the house (you wouldn't scoff/laugh at that if you knew how many times that seems to happen around here...once into a tree right outside at our neighbors and once right into my mom and dad's house...)? Maybe someone drove into the neighbors house? I couldn't tell. Anyway, after mom tried to calm me down and we had a good laugh over how big of a chicken I am, I decided to try go back to sleep. After tossing and turning in my bed for what seemed forever the sun came up and I peeked outside. What I saw gave me quite a suprise. Huge freaking tree limbs were scattered everywhere on the ground...and the crashing sound was caused by them breaking off and hitting the fence, our clothesline, the gate to the back yard and scraping along the house on the way down. My mom and I really laughed it up over it, even though inside I was cringing at all of the damage those limbs had caused. So, as you can see I'm not eager for a repeat of that night.
3 comments:
Man, I am glad you are both feeling better. I hate being sick. The worst is being sick and caring for your sick loved ones at the same time.
Oh snow. It is cold here this morning and I must say I am not looking forward to snow! Its too cold and I don't handle cold well...
On a side note- I need your address for the free thing that you commented on my blog for quite a while back. Remember? Well, I made you something and need to mail it to you!
I am so glad that you were there to take care of my little boy. :)
I had no idea you guys were sick....so sorry.
Becky- Check out ellebelleboutique.com (or whatever earring link is on the King family link from my blog). I have no idea how much it costs to sell through this on-line service, but I have heard of several people who sell through this service.
Post a Comment