Well, I can no longer get annoyed with people when they are stating the obvious truth about the size of my belly. It is simply that - HUGE! I just wish people wouldn't feel so free to point it out though. No one wants to hear that any particular body part of theirs is grossly disproportionate to the rest of their body! :D
*Sigh*
Anyway, I've noticed that recently my belly commands so much attention that that is the first thing that people look at when they look at me. In fact, it is sometimes the only thing that people seem to be able to look. LOL! I've seen people do triple or quadruple takes, each time they steal a glance, their eyes get wider and bigger.
I'm not really used to people taking note of me and it makes me uncomfortable. I would rather melt into the background, to be honest. I'm more comfortable with my personality making an impression on people than my body or looks. So, this is all very new and uncomfortable to me.
I'm also upset because the woman that has been overseeing my pregnancy is moving away. So, I now get to have a strange man that I don't know oversee the rest of it. I always wonder about a man's motives for enter the OB/GYN profession, however I did get to meet the guy and he seems okay, it's just that I'm way more comfortable with having a female doctor than a male doctor. I feel that men could never truly understand pregnancy or be all that empathetic, so it's best to leave women's business up to the women.
No comments:
Post a Comment