Monday, June 18, 2012

Nesting Phase

When I read books on pregnancy and they mentioned the supposed nesting phase, I didn't think much of it. But, now I'm thinking I should have taken them a bit more serious.

Now mind you, I can barely get around as it is. I feel like a cripple or as if I'm somewhat physically handicapped. My legs are so stiff I can barely lift the buggers to get up into Jim's ginormous truck, getting into bed is fun too. Going up the stairs is just about enough to knock me flat on my butt; I sound just like a rhino in heat after any physical exertion. But, here I am, getting all sorts of itchy to clean.

I mean it. I can barely sit still without some thought of cleaning something entering my head. I've even noticed that there are spots on the wall that I never noticed before. It's just about the only thing I see when I go into that particular room. It bugs the crap out of me. I've even shed a few tears over not getting to clean when I feel particularly energetic and something comes up that prevents me from getting to put my purple rubber gloves on.

When our vacuum gave up the ghost, I blew a gasket. I wanted to pound someone's face in pretty bad. However, I have a reason for losing my cool. That just happened to be the third vacuum that we've gone through in 5 years, which is just about a vacuum every 18 months. I was pretty sure that Jim was busy abusing them behind my back because I've never gone through so many vacuums in such a short time, ever! So, we had to rush out and buy a new one to appease me. And this one better last! GRRR!

I've never been so crazy about cleaning in my life, not that my house has ever really been very dirty, except here at this house. I don't know what happened to my cleaning skills here. But, now I have a HUGE job to do and I'm not really in top physical condition. Being round-the-clock barfy and basically couch bound for the first 5-6 months of pregnancy has really made me weak and out of shape. I guess I'm just going to have to do something every day, even if it's not much, just so I can stop feeling so itchy and crazy.

No comments: