Thursday, September 20, 2012

Bad Camera!

My poor camera is ancient. It doesn't have image stabilization of any kind which was never any problem for me, but over the years I have developed a bit of a shake (I can probably thank my grandpa for that, he has essential tremors and it can skip generations and be passed on) and it's hard for me to hold the camera absolutely still. So, anymore these days, my photos are very blurry and yucky.

Here are two photos that I just took today. When I downloaded them to my computer earlier, I was saddened to see that they were among the "trash heap" photos. They are adorable and yet they are total crap. The one that looks like an old photo is so blurry and yet it was the perfect shot, the one I was really trying to get. It makes me highly upset that yet another moment captured of Johnathon's innocent babyhood is ruined thanks to my shaky hands. :( I'll never get it back and this moment will eventually fade from my memory, when I would have rather it be burned there for eternity.

However, I decided to plug them into photoshop and see if I could salvage them somehow. I think I did an okay job. What do you think?

Does it look like someone painted it? I really like how it turned out.
It's supposed to resemble an old photo. It turned out okay, but I'm still mad that it was crap to begin with. Stupid shaky hands...

1 comment:

Karen Decker said...

I am glad you kept these even if they are a little blurry. I couldn't even tell with the photoshop stuff you did to the pics. Shakey hand or not- you are still great at capturing life with your camera. You have a talent!! And an adorable little guy!