Friday, September 14, 2012

Happy Days Are Here Again!


I can't believe how expensive the hypoallergenic formulas are! And we aren't even on the wicked expensive one! Hopefully we won't have to resort to that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that what he's on currently will suffice, however, it's going to take every last penny left over just to get the guy fed. I'm going to scour the internet for some cheaper options to get what we need. If anyone has any suggestions on where to look, please leave a comment on our blog!

Today was a still a challenge, however, after being off the soy formula and on a new hypoallergenic one for only a few days I have noticed a huge difference in Johnathon. He's more smiley and happy. He actually smiles at you now when you smile at him. And not just the little half-hearted smiles he used to do, I'm talking the full-gums-eyes-all-crinkled-up kind of smile and he will even do his little laugh for you. Now if we can just get the reflux under control we will have a happy little baby on our hands!

As you can see from the above photo on the left, he was pretty happy today. Play time is his favorite time and nothing will get those little arms and legs pumping like being laid down on his play mat. The photo to the right is a photo of his favorite toy in the whole wide world. If you don't lay him down with that particular toy in batting distance or if you move him to another area of the play mat he will start crying and throw a fit, or he will just sit there and stare and do nothing at all. Below is a video I recorded today of him smiling, cooing (you have to turn your speaker volume waaaaaaaaaaaaaay up to hear him cooing) and batting away at the bird toy. Hopefully, it's not too boring.

1 comment:

Karen Decker said...

I could sit and watch this video half the day. :) I'm checking the calendar to figure when I will be up there to play with that little guy!