Sunday, November 4, 2012

Our House is a Very, Very, Very, Fine House........Once You Clean It Up!

I haven't had lots of opportunities to clean up our house since we moved in back in May of last year. If you know me at all, I can't stand a filthy house. Clutter I can do, but filth is out of the question. Our old house had filth, so bad that there were rooms that I just could bring myself to hang out in or like enough to really do something with them. They stayed filthy and I hated it.

So, our next house that we bought I promised myself (and told Jim) that it would not be in the kind of condition that the Rawlins house was in to begin with. However, once we got to looking at houses here, we quickly found that there really wasn't much to choose from. Both of us didn't really love anything till we saw this house. My biggest beef about this house was that it was not in great condition, however it was in better condition than the house in Rawlins, in my opinion. The condition didn't stop, or slow, us down from buying it, obviously, since here we are. :)

Anyway, it was really dirty, but not filthy. However, I had a full-time job, and one that took everything out of me everyday. It was demanding physically, especially since I was out of shape to begin with. I did work on it though, whenever I had a scrap of energy left. The kitchen and bathrooms managed to get gutted out and cleaned. Then, I decided it would be nice to not work, so I could devote more time to cleaning up and finish unpacking. Which worked for a few weeks till I realized that this wasn't Rawlins and we were on a sinking ship going nowhere fast. So, I started looking for jobs and then BAM! out of nowhere I managed to get pregnant and was barfaliciously ill almost immediately. Since I was so sick I couldn't even take care of myself, that took care of getting anything done around the house. Boxes sat and collected dust, waiting patiently for the day when someone would open them up and take all the stuff out.

As pregnancy progressed, I managed to feel a bit better but exausted quickly since I was sooooooo huge there could of been more than one kiddo in that belly! I did shuffle paper around and also managed to do some light cleaning during that time. I, however, was busy thinking that as soon as this baby was born I could get crack-a-lacking on the house.

Sigh.

Babies are a lot of work.


So, nothing has been done. Until now. :) I FINALLY managed to get another room looking halfway decent. I'm starting to feel like someone lives here now and I'm sure Jim would agree. Bye bye boxes, hello floor! Now we just need a larger table to fill up that huge space!






2 comments:

Andi said...

That looks beautiful!! I love the curtains/drapes... whatever they are called! It looks so nice :)

Karen Decker said...

Beautiful!!!!!! Johnathon must be less demanding of your time if you were able to accomplish this. Or you are Super Woman. Either way . . . way to be!!