My name is Johnathon and I'm 3 1/2 months old. Everyday I learn new things about the world around me. I'm starting to find a use for the two long things attached to my chest other than flapping them around in the air. My mom calls them arms or something like that. Sometimes, I can get those small things attached to my arms to obey my command and grasp things, which is really fun. The other day my mommy placed an orange stuffed monkey in my lap and after a short battle of wills, I gained control of my arms, and those small weird things attached to them, and grabbed it. I had the overwhelming urge to try to stuff the whole thing in that large crack in my face, which would be quite the feat, since it's nearly as big that ginormous thing on my shoulders (and what a chore it is to keep that thing lifted up all day, lemme tell ya)! For some strange reason, this colorless liquid keeps seeping out of the large crack in my face. It got all over my stuffed monkey. I wasn't too bothered by it but my mommy made funny faces when she touched it.Another thing I like doing is making noise. It seems to escape from the crack in my face and depending on how you manipulate it you will get a different type of sound. It's fun to see what all kinds of sounds I'm able to make. I think my mommy calls it talking. If so, then I like talking to everything, toys, the little boy that looks just like me in that alternate universe thingie I overheard mommy call a mirror, mommy, daddy and just about everything else.

There is no one in the world quite like my mommy! I absolutely adore her. I have special smiles that I only give to her and she always smiles back, even when she's grumpy! She calls me Sunshine. She turns everything into a fun game which makes me laugh. Being held by her makes me the happiest. I always let her know how special snuggling with mommy is by emitting a very loud noise and contorting the crack on my face into what mommy calls a pout every time she puts me down or gives me to someone else. She says I'm spoiled, whatever that means.

Don't get me wrong, I love my daddy too. He reads to me and plays with me and talks to me. Sometimes, I think I hurt daddy's feelings by preferring mommy. I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, it's just that everybody has favorites, you know?
Going back to the subject of learning, the other day, my mommy put me on my tummy. I really hate being on my tummy, so started fussing up a storm. I was doing push ups with my arms and wobbling all over the place. All of the sudden, the world went topsy turvy! When I came to my senses, I was on my back, mommy's face was smiling at me and she looked pretty happy. Just when I was pretty sure that I had discovered some secret super power that would warp me on to my back, mommy promptly rolled me back onto my tummy. Blast! I have yet to stumble onto the secret of back warping again.
Stay tuned, when mommy turns her back for just a minute, I'll type up another another installment in the saga of my upbringing with those weird little things attached to the end my arms! Until then!
1 comment:
Alternate Universe thingy? Perfect description. Johnathon, you are a very smart guy. Love you!!!!
Post a Comment