Saturday, November 10, 2012

Project "House Beautification"

I've decided that I will blog about the beautification of my house. That way, I won't have ANY excuses not to get busy and get it done. My goal is to accomplish something everyday, even if it's only a tiny little thing. Because face it, there are going to be days that not much gets accomplished. Johnathon is takes up quite a lot of my time, however, he does take naps. :) I like to get stuff done during his afternoon nap which is usually quite lengthy.

So, for this post, my area of attack was Johnathon's bedroom. It needs to get done so he can start sleeping in there. I know what you are probably thinking, "You STILL haven't finished the baby's room?" My get out of jail free card is my horrible pregnancy. There is still a bit of work to be done, however, I managed to get the furniture where I would like it, at least I think so...I'm prone to changing my mind. :)

I still need to get some more cute decorations, the room seems sparse. I picked up a cute monkey painting (see picture to the left). It goes really well with my monkey theme and also the colors of the bedding and (eventually) the wall color.

The walls will end up being a green color. It'll probably be of the celery family or something similar. If you look in the photos, some of the walls look dirty and gross, it's only the leftover wallpaper paste on the wall. A little scrub later and it'll be clean and ready to paint. Thanks to Karen and my hubby for helping remove a large chunk of it, so there isn't much left really. Also, the patches of wall where the paint is gone is from removing the wallpaper that was there. There was a particular chunk that was really stubborn and hard to remove. Another shout out to my hubby for figuring out the best way to remove it so as not to damage the wall any further! What a smarty (cough, cough)! :)

From the first time we looked at the house, I wasn't wild about the carpet, but, there isn't any money in the budget at the moment to get new carpet. So, it'll just have to do for now. I don't think it looks as bad with the furniture that I picked out, since the pieces are a dark brown color.

So, sit back and use your imagination. Imagine that the walls are pretty and nicely painted a pale celery color. Imagine a few more books and toys and maybe some more stuffed animals. What do you think? Good, bad?




1 comment:

Karen Decker said...

My imagination works. Love the furniture re-arranging. A+ on that! An extra plus for the monkey painting. Well done.