Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Poked in the Butt With a Needle and Other News

I went to the OB/GYN today. Just about every time I go it's like a mini-torture session. They either want to poke and prod or do some tests. I'm going to be cured of my fear of needles before my pregnancy is over, I'm just sure of it!! In fact, that was the first order of business this trip, to get poked in the butt with a needle all because I have RH negative blood. :D

Supposedly, I haven't gained very much weight either, which I look at as a good thing, however my doc seemed a tad concerned. I assured her that I eat everything in sight and Jim was busy bobbing his head around affirmatively. I just seem to be unable to gain. I was really worried when I first found out I was pregnant because of my weight since I was pretty heavy to begin with. I was overly worried about getting any fatter. But nausea took care of that and everything seems to have worked it's self out

All in all, it seems that the baby is doing fine. It's kicking the crap out of me and has a good strong heartbeat. I passed the diabetes test and so far I don't have any other serious problems. That alone is a HUGE weight lifted off of my shoulders. Now if I can only get a good night's sleep and not be so exhausted all the time....


2 comments:

Karen Decker said...

I am floored! Literaly picking myself up off the carpet. Two posts in two days!!!? You are on a roll. Go for it!! Keep these posts coming. I can even picture Jim's head bobbing in affirmative. :) P.S. Don't worry about your weight. Baby will take what he needs and if mom gets skinnier in the process maybe you will decide it's okay to have two. (kids that is)

JMadd said...

Don't worry about the weight. With my first pregnancy I only gained 10 lbs from my pre pregnancy weoght, but after the baby was born I weighed 20 lbs less than I did when I got pregnant. And that is common for women who are heavier to begin with and not a problem. Tell your doc tl look at the new guidelines for weight gain because they are pretty drastically changed. Normal weight woman are only supposed to gain 20. Anyway, congrats.