Monday, October 6, 2008
Doctors (This is a rant - beware! Read at your own risk!!)
I just got back from the doctor's today and let me tell you, if there is an invasive, embarrassing or nosey question to ask my doctor is gonna ask it. He asked me all sorts of things that I don't want to talk about or don't feel comfortable talking about with him. And if that's not horrible, he started pestering me about my weight as well. The weird thing is is that he's no string-bean himself, if you know what I mean! He's all going on about how people have a bloated sense of what a real portion size is and blah blah blah...and that the real key to weight loss is not exercise, it's portion control and lifestyle changes. Last time I was in for a visit, he told me to cut what I eat in half which I did, and now he's telling me to half it yet again...? What the hell does he expect me to eat? Half of a half of a sandwich? 2 carrots? 1 stalk of celery? I'm not trying to look like one of those gross movie stars that has bones jutting out from every surface of their body, I just want to be a few pants sizes smaller...I don't think of myself as grossly obese just plump. I really hate it when doctors or any body else tries to make me feel crappy about myself because I don't resemble __________ (insert movie star/model name). I'm just a normal human being with a normal life and a normal body who likes to eat real food. 'Nuff said.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel for you! Don't the doctor's know that women beat themselves up enough about weight to not have to rub it in?! Weight has been a challenge for me recently as well- the baby weight is still on and coming off much slower than I would like. I did weight watchers after I had Amelia and it worked. I tried doing it again, but I was seriously eating a half of a half of a sandwich and two carrots for a meal. Not so filling, especially when nursing! Lets just say, I'm not completely following weight watchers at the moment. A girl has got to eat! I do try to wait longer between meals and only drink water. I think that helps. Maybe its just mentally helping.
Don't worry too much. Loosing weight is hard and takes time. Be patient with yourself. We're only human. :)
Post a Comment