Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Not Another Pirate....Arrrrrgh!

This year for our annual pumpkin carving event we decided to do a theme. If you know Jim very well you'll know that he really likes an online cartoon called Homestar Runner (for those of you who would like to check it out http://homestarrunner.com/). He got me hooked on it a while back (my favorite stuff is the teen girl squad). You kinda have to have a strange sense of humor to really find it funny.

But anyway, this year we decided to make our pumpkins in the likeness of our favorite Homestar Runner characters. Jim picked Da Cheat:


I don't know about you but, I think he did a pretty swell job. Me on the other hand, I totally slaughtered mine. I picked Trogdor the Burninator. Usually I don't do a bad job but, for some reason my hand slipped and I chopped off part of his mouth...:

I was pretty dang mad about it - just ask Jim. After I butchered it I really wanted nothing more than to smash poor Trogdor's face in.

Now, I bet you're wondering why I titled my blog "Not Another Pirate....Arrrrrrgh!", and I'm about to tell you. Just about every year (since we've been married) we've had a tradition of carving a pumpkins. For the first year I carved a silly face and Jim carved a pirate. On the second year I carved a mischievous little face and Jim carved (you probably guessed it) another pirate. The exact same pirate to be exact. lol. So I've had a lot of laughs on his behalf about him and his obsession with pirates.

Hopefully everyone has a fun-filled (and candy-filled) Halloween.


4 comments:

Huntsmans said...

where are the pirate pictures? and good job on the The cheat.

-Special Mothertivity- said...

Wow, I'm totally impressed!! I can't believe you carved those! Trogdor looks great! If you hadn't mentioned the mistake, I wouldn't have noticed. I could tell it was him just glancing at the picture before I read your whole post.

Jim and Becky said...

Thanks Melanie that makes me feel much better cause I was stressin' it. :D

And as far as the pirate pictures, I totally tried to find them. They seem to be lost. :( But if I find them I promise to post them.

Karen Decker said...

Great job on displaying the ARTISTIC TALENT. I still have patriotic decorations from the 4th on display. It just dawned on me...I am very up to date...my decorations are in honor of the elections on November 4th.:)